Both kids still believe and were excited to see Santa at the mall this year.
They came out of their rooms dressed in their best to see him too!
Our snow = rain.
Doesn't stop the kids from getting outside to enjoy a Christmas present or two.
HELEN!
A few old (crap, that could almost be literal now) co-workers/friends met up for dinner to see and visit with Helen. (center) Helen is the reason Cole & Jo call Jill "Oma" as it means Mom in Korean.
Tom, Tina, Brian, Erica, Jo, Cole and Helen.
We LOVE Helen and were sure glad to see her along with catching up with all of them.
New Year South
As we drove to our southern New Years destination we stopped off at Gma Marie's and Gpa Norman's for lunch and a finial farewell as they have now flown South for the rest of winter. It was good to see them once again and Pete's Drive-in food is always yummy!
The rest of the drive we snaked through the back roads to do a little Geocaching with Oma as she LOVES this activity.
This one was at a fire station. The treasure was inside the toy fire truck.
The guard rail and bridge caches are usually not hard to find but this one could have been fatal!
Jo was able to locate and grab the cache with ease. Cole on the other hand fell off the edge while putting it back but Oma was right there to grab an arm and stop his decent. (it was really only 5' or so off the ground so we all got a good laugh)
Cole joined the club!
That would be the "I've touched an electric fence and it hurt" club.
Looking back this might not have been a good day for Cole to get out of the car while we cached! No one said that their was an electric fence near this cache but the Little Man reached out and touched the wire. ZAP!
We didn't have to amputate and he too was able to laugh about it later that day.
Walking the Dogs
We arrived in time to take the dogs for their usual walk
Connie, Jo, Rachelle, Cole, Tye and Dasher.
Then headed in to play some games!
Pictionary is a hard game to play PG while having a few drinks and playing with people you have known for over twenty years. We have lots of information about each other that could have been drawn for clues. But we managed to keep it PG...well all but the word "vibrate". (I'm not talking about it any more) The kids had a really good time playing this game.
What did you do at 10pm New Years Eve?
We went sledding! (top photo: Jo, bottom photo: Cole)
It started to snow so we all grabbed appropriate gear including flashlights and headed to the front yard to sled! Janis pulled her truck around too for some extra lights on the hill. This was GREAT!
11:55pm!
I think their faces say it all, don't you?
But I'll tell you any way.
Oma: Do I really need to stay up for midnight, really?
Jo: No, I'm not tired, I can stay awake. (was asleep a min after the picture)
Cole: I'm fine, I'm having fun Mom.
Our Smoke and Toast of 2010!
Sheri, Rachelle, Tina, Connie and Janis.
Welcome 2011!
We rang you in just right, again.
(I should add: Rang the New Year in BETTER as I smoked a smaller cigar this year and made it all night without praying to the porcelain god.)
(I should add: Rang the New Year in BETTER as I smoked a smaller cigar this year and made it all night without praying to the porcelain god.)

No comments:
Post a Comment