Friday, February 15, 2008

Officially Domesticated!

Valentines afternoon was spent at a coffee house, a public courthouse building, then at The Broadway for dinner and toasts to all of us.We all (I will go through names in a bit) met at Full City Coffee to finish up our Domesticated paper work, which also needed to be notarized. Meet Joan, our notary, and friend. Say “Hi to Joan”.


One sheet of paper is all it takes and the directions were specific on filling it out. You must spell out “female” not just put “f”, you must write out your month of birth not just fill in the month number. Easy enough you would think. Between Jill and I it took five copies to get it right. Sheesh…Maybe nerves caused the errors, excitement or both? What ever it was we managed to get it done and Joan took care of the rest.

Everyone say “Hi” to Alma! She took our paperwork and our money and we became officially domesticated. Thanks Alma. (We really don’t know Alma, but she agreed to be on our blog).


Here is everyone, turning in paperwork. We are at the back of the photo, then Tracy in yellow, Martha was in NY but between a fax machine and the post they took care of their paperwork. Finally, close-up we have Jen and Julie with Jen’s son Gregg.
Good times!

Here is a shot of the group that attended the paperwork filing and money passing process. (note to self, stand in back with people in front of me…am I really that big of a girl? My goodness)
The filing wasn't very romantic, and really not what the kids expected, and how do I know this? When we got to the car Jo asked “When are you getting married?” We said that we just finished and then Cole said “Oh, I thought you were going stand there and kiss and stuff”. Did we just kill some of their romantic dreams?

Just a family photo at the end of our Domestic filing.
(see, I don't seem so big here, thank you Jo)

We then went off for a meal and visiting!
Jill and I are honored that we shared this filing with Tracy & Martha, Jen & Julie with Gregg. And to share this day with us as well Todd, Derian, Shelia & Lori joined us through it all. Thank You Big Time!
All around, a pretty good day.

2 comments:

Young-Conkey Clan said...

Woo hoo! Congrats to all four of you! We are very excited for you from the East Coast, even if it wasn't 'mushy'. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Yeah! Congratulations! It's about time too!!!! Best wishes to you both, I love you all so much!

Hugs,
Helen