Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Superbowl-Super! and Rock On!

The kids and I made shirts for Superbowl, and did we pick the correct team or what?! Ok it was a tough fought game with a low score but the Giants just dominated the Patriots and sure deserved the win. The back of our shirts say Little Man, Big Girl & Little Sis with the first word crossed off and replaced with GIANTS.

We wore our shirts to Susan’s house for the party. Susan was a great host, buying each kid a new toy, which they played with the whole afternoon. The house was crowed with many NY fans (just a couple Pat fans, so sorry) so it was very loud and energized. Oma and I came home lighter than when we went…emptied our quarters into the pockets of others, darn our luck. But we had a wonderful time, throat a little sore from yelling and tired from the drama! Thank goodness we three have new sleeping shirts with a winning team on them,
I know it will help us sleep like winners!

ROCK STARS
I tried to rent Guitar Hero for our Wii and the stores do not rent
them yet, so with a quick phone call to Oma, (guessing I sounded pathetic) she did a couple quick searches on-line and told me
to go a head, I came home with our very own Guitar Hero III game. (sheepish grin here)

This might sound silly or childish or…think what you like, but I ROCK!
I really enjoy music and really enjoy watching/listening to people who play music really well. Fills my soul with happiness. I will admit that I have dreamt of being able to play music really well. In my real life it’s just a dream, a dream never really to be fulfilled. Until now! Did I say I ROCK yet?! My inner child is having a blast with this new game.
I feel like I’m actually joining a band and playing with the music. (feeling silly here but it’s true) I am so addicted! I LOVE, love, LOVE this game! (don't be worried for me, I do know it is just a game)

Your all invited to come by and Rock out with us, any time!
WARNING: Others who have come by to Rock with us have gone away addicted as well, some even detouring from their home to buy their own Guitar Hero for their gaming system. Others leave suppressing their addiction knowing they just can’t afford the time on a regular basis so just vow to come back to play another day.

Cole really Rocks out as well. He plays the same song over and over and over again. (and I really mean the same song…they each have one hour a day they can game and the same song is played…for an hour…each day…the same song…do you hear me yet?) He is still trying to not get kicked off the stage, (that is what happens when you don’t hit enough of the correct notes). He is determined to get it all right and he’s fun to watch. He moves his feet around, bounces and has even thrown in a spin move here and there.

Jo likes to sit while playing. Maybe she will be some sort of Folk musician one day? She has a very good beat and is willing to play any of the four song choices, not sticking to just one song. (this makes Momma very happy) She definitely gets zoned in on the notes and plucks away. Very cute indeed! In the long run though she is more of a Zelda fan liking the adventure games like her Momma. She plays the guitar if we are all taking turns and the system is not open to just her and her game. Oh, the sacrifice she makes.

Rock On BS Groupies!

No comments: