Friday, February 22, 2008

2 Grandpas? And 4-wheeling!

As some of you might know the kids Grandparents on the B-side have been down in AZ for a while doing what some retired folks do (enjoying the sun and acting like their lives are, oh, so busy and important). And as posted in an earlier update here, the S-side Grandparents headed to AZ as well for a get-a-way. Well, said BS Grandparents met up for a few nights and captured this photo for the twins to have. Nice Grandparents.
I called the kids over to show them the photo and Jo said,
There’s Grandma and Nanny and…Hey…there’s two Grandpas?!
I guess it would be the first time she put that together.

After spending the weekend down at Rachelle and Connie’s, under their house putting insulation in, tearing down a fence and also catching a show in at Seven Feathers, I ended the holiday weekend with the kids at my brother’s place, hanging out and riding four wheelers.Derian has a few motorized toys and her four wheeler is just the right size and speed for the kids. Cole took to it straight off and had it full throttle (still not to fast) and wanting to go and go and go. (gosh, I hate it when we have to share) Jo needed food at the time we started riding but after she fueled her body up she was also off and riding and also saying…Do I have to share?

Derian rides her 50 dirt bike like a pro. She rode circles around the twins and is even shifting so as to get more speed (I use to dream of a life like that as a kid). Cole gave this bike a whirl too, with Mom running beside/behind him. He did a good job for the most part but got a little nervous after a second or two and ended up wrecking (he is ok). If he could actually touch the ground he wouldn’t have wrecked so maybe by next year the Little Man will be tall enough to give this bike another try.

Mom got into the action too. Took both kids on the big toy and even gave Tick (the dog) a ride around the field.
The freedom I feel…Oh it just feels great!Busy and full weekend but all of it was fun. Great three-day weekend!
Whoohoooo!

No comments: