Thursday, January 11, 2007

Snow Day!

Oma really wanted a snow day and woke early to find 3 inches on the ground. I then heard Oma grab Jo from bed (I think Jo was awake but barely) to show Jo the snow. Then Jo ran into her room to get dressed along with saying loudly “There’s SNOW on the ground Cole, wake up!” So, Momma too pulled herself out of bed to join the family in the excitement! I looked over at the clock to find it was only around 5:45am! WHAT?!

So our morning went as follows after this reality of time and darkness; breakfast was made quickly, and eaten quicker, then the kids and Oma were dressed and out the front door. Though I must say that our neighbor kid, Daniel, had been up for a tad longer and had a HUGE snowball built in his yard already.

6:20am
Oma, Cole & Jo walking around the snow saying hello to Dale and Francis along with a couple snow angels that were made in front of their window for their viewing pleasure.

7:15am
Our Snowman Named Just Bob (second of the year) was complete.
(Do you see our porch light?...It's still on!)

7:20am
Momma wanted a photo with the kids and Jo was heading in to get some cocoa with Oma.

7:30am
Momma and Cole got out the snow disk with a rope and had a good time pulling him on the street.

7:45am
All the kids on the block were up and out and the snow fights had begun.

Cole has spent most of the morning/early afternoon outside playing with all the boys. Jo and Oma have taken a nap already (It’s only 1:30pm now) and Momma? Well I have spent time inside/outside and visiting with neighbors. Had a good cup of cocoa-n-buttershots with Linda too. Yummy!

Momma needs a nap...

No comments: