Saturday, January 06, 2007

Busy BUSY Holiday week (s)!

We wanted to take out our neighbors to a Holiday dinner on Christmas Eve, and though it looks like we did, their daughter Kristi paid for the meal. Her gift to us for being apart of there extended family with her folks. So, we have Francis at the far end of the table, then Old Jim who live across the street (one of the original settlers in the neighborhood- might be the only one left who knows), Kristi (Dale/Francis’ daughter) and finally, our Dale at this end. Chuck, Kristi’s son, is sitting next to Tina. Are you all caught up with our neighborhood?Our neighbors are family, we are lucky to live where we do.
When we got home from dinner we let the kids open the gift to each other. They were very excited to do so and we played with each for quite a while before Oma said that Santa would not come to the house if they didn’t get to bed and to sleep. Yelling followed by running feet to bed…did they sleep? No…it took quite some time for them to finally quiet up…Oma and I sure had a fun time with it all.Morning time…same cloths but their hair had a fight during the night! Hey, don’t we all have a Christmas photo like that? LOVE IT!
Cole got this great hat from Nanny/Grandpa Smith, we all had to try it on and of course snap a photo. It has been on a lot of heads at this point and every one laughs quite a bit!Here the kids are showing off one of their gifts. Jo with a box make-up, though neither Oma nor I use make-up, I did my best to teach her not to gouge out the make-up with the brushes. And that “less = more”. I think she is getting it, at least we have not seen a face like a clown yet. And here is Cole! I mean Superman, or SuperColeman. He cracks us up with the detail he catches…he had to have the curl in his hair like the new Superman movie.This is our ride to Roseburg after gifts... We headed south for the afternoon and a one-night stay with my folks. We opened gifts there and had a very good meal with my family and then hung out, playing darts and visiting. Good end to the day.We have no photos after this…sad really because we were very busy. We left Roseburg spent one night at our home, did some laundry packed our bags again and headed to Jill’s folks for a few days. We got some wonderful visiting in and the kids got to play with their cousins. Ok… Jill and I did some van shopping while there and did buy and used 2006 Town & Country. Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

After two nights in WA we headed home, again for one night to do laundry and pack again. This time heading to Myrtle Creek to celebrate New Years. Whew…The kids got to hang out with friends and open gifts from Connie/Rachelle. A good time was had by all for the most part. New Years got a little loud for Oma and she sure didn’t like when I tried cheating at poker…though I think she only caught me twice. No hangover for Momma but the cigars kind of made me a little queasy the next day. I love New Years Eve!

Happy 2007 to you all and to all a GRAND year.

No comments: