So we ended up driving through Salk Lake City and made the turn off to Antelope Island and the Great Salt Lake.

The kids LOVED floating in this water.
Cole: "This is the most relaxing thing I have ever done, I just laid there and just...laid there and floated."
He also stated that his arms and legs felt very heavy when he got out and tried to walk. Interesting.
Here Jo is just kicking her legs with her arms by her side.
Jo: "Remember the mother from the Incredibles when she was the raft in the water? That's what I did and it was really fun!"

Jill also made the trek to the water and got a little wet. She said the water was fairly warm and very clear!

Again, Doug was not allowed past the parking lot and the trek to the water was quite long so I stayed in Ethel and made lunch for all of us. Another trip to this place will be in Oma and my future as I have always wanted to float here.
Stopped for the night in Twin Falls, ID at the Oregon Trails campground around dinner time. Showers were desperately needed and a relaxing evening as well.

Oma and Jo drove to Shoshone Falls so Jo could swim and they could view the sights. We need to check to be sure but we think Jo has stuck her feet in the waters of every stated we have visited except Colorado.

Jo couldn't get into the waters at the falls but could above them where they had this neat swimming area set up. Dock surrounding the swim area with a special wading spot and a floating dock in the middle including a diving board.

Jo was inspired with the sand?
Another big day coming with more driving for the push home! Down to 'One Sleep' we hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment