Monday, August 08, 2011

Derian, Sheep Herder & Fair

We went to the Benton Co. Fair to watch Cousin Derian show off Mocha & Fudge, her first sheep and 4-H experience.

Well it wasn't all Sheep barn time.
Jo, Cousin Hannah & Cole jumping!

Swings!
Hannah & Jo.

Bumper Cars for Cole.
And me too!

I pressured Cole to go on the Starship ride which spins you in a circle so fast you slide up the wall (if your light weight or a child, I however am either) and you also get dizzy.  Cole didn't want to go because he didn't want to get sick but went any way and then was darn ticked at me for the ill state following, that lasted  about a half hour.
I, on the other hand, felt all the extra (getting older) skin pinned to the wall as it felt like it was trying to rip off my body and my spine was being stretched and aligned at the same time.  It was a BLAST!

I, of course, then pressured Hannah and Jo to go on the Super Loop as Jo always likes to be scared.  The poor young teenager in front of them plugged his ears the whole time as their high pitched screaming didn't stop until the ride stopped.  At one point Jo turned to me (I was sitting directly behind them) and I heard her yell with sheer terror on her face "GET ME OFF OF THIS NOW!!!!"

Mom of the Year I think! Make one child sick and scare the crap out of the other child.  Fun times for sure!

And this silly cut out.
Funny thing is the pictures were taken at different times by different cameras where Cole and Jo didn't know each other had been the bunny.  Maybe there is a "twin" thing going on that we don't know about?  Nah, not even.

The REASON we went to the FAIR!
Derian with Mocha & Fudge.

Derian and Fudge did an awesome job for their first time.
In the Showmanship part (which is the day we watched) they took: Top 4 in the first round, Top 4 second round and ended in the top 8 over all.

This was really fun to watch and educational for all of us.  Will look forward to seeing her next year if she chooses too participate again.

(Judging of a showmanship contest is based on preparation of animals for show, their apparent training, and the appearance and behavior of the participating showmen.)


No comments: