The last couple days with the Young/Conkey family we stayed in Savanna Georgia! The first order of business was to watch Andrew unpack his sea bags and a fashion show! (shown below on the "Private Conkey" post) Ahhh, but there was one package that had been sealed shut for three months that now needed to be opened.His civilian cloths that he was wearing the day he arrived on Paris Island. Yes, three long months to marinade in man sweat.
Andrew didn't think they faired too well!
So he had to share the pleasure of their essence with his sister of course!
She agreed with him on the assessment!
We ran down to town and walked
around a bit that first evening and
you wouldn't believe who I ran into!
around a bit that first evening and
you wouldn't believe who I ran into!
Thank goodness I was there
to help with her dress!
to help with her dress!
TOUR of Savanna!
Wait? Did I say "tour"? Why then are we sporting bike helmets?
Because they didn't trust us on our Segways!
A tour on Segways! WAY FUN!
Savanna is just gorgeous and like all of the East Coast so full of history!
1) A horse post to tie up your horst while visiting your Auntie along with a stepping stone so your Aunt will not trip on her petticoat while climbing into the carriage.
2) Many street signs were beautiful and attached right to the side of the houses.
3) The homes were just wonderful to look at, lots of iron work, details and items that were created for superstitious reasons.
And here we are with our guide leading the way.
Guide, Andrew, Mandy, Trish and Paul.
The Segway was so easy to ride that we zipped along the streets taking photos at times without slowing down. When some one says it's like walking they are correct but more fun!
All that walking, I mean touring made us hungry so we stopped at a pizza pie joint to order just a small pie for the five of us.
OMG! This was HUGE! And yes, we just had to order it.
Trish snapped this photo. We think this sums up how we all saw this pie.
We walked off some of that pizza on River St as it was just a beautiful day.
I not only love this picture because I love the subjects but I smile seeing how Andrew was holding the left over pizza like he does this Marine cap.
Up early the next day to drive 16 hours North toward home dropping me off some where in between for my flight home. I think we all arrived at our homes around the same time the following morning.
It was a trip to remember, a little some thing different and fun each day.
Until next time!

No comments:
Post a Comment