Sunday, May 22, 2011

Jo: "Do I have a Dad?"

I have found that the piano is more than learning/teaching and practicing music.  It has become a place where Jo talks about all sorts of things that have run through her head that day or any day in her life.  She opens up in all sorts of wonderful ways that a typical practice session will last a half hour with only fifteen of it being actual playing time.
Today marks the day I was asked, "Do I have a Dad?"

It was a wonderful conversation as Oma and I explain the process and she got excited as she realized that she has half siblings as well.  It was nice to see her have this understanding as she asked more questions and we provided the information.  Just as quickly as this topic started she noticed a sparkly was coming loose from her shoe and she said "Oh no, look."
I asked "Are you done with questions?"
Jo: "Yes, can I eat?" and she headed to the kitchen to have her fifth dinner because four servings of dinner were not quite enough tonight.

I love the time I spend at the piano with Jo.  Some day I hope she realizes how much she gives me during this time.  Her music makes me smile with pride and joy but her conversations and thoughts brightens my world.

No comments: