First Grade Photos!

A Story about Jo, our quiet inquisitive child.
She started to cry loudly and coughing as she came into the kitchen.“What did you do?” I asked.
“Nothing, I just need a drink” she grabbed a cup and headed to the bathroom. (they can reach that faucet)
She came out with water but coughing harder and the cry became a yelling cry.
While holding her I again I asked, “What happened?”
“The bathroom is making me sick”
“What did you do?”
“I don’t know”.
I headed to the bathroom and there on the counter was a small can of mace.
“Did you spray this on you?”
“No, only in the sink.”
In the shower she went and a drink of soy.
Called poison control to get more information.
With the help of a magnifying glass (Hey! It was small print!) I read the ingredients to poison control and it’s only pepper spray and what I did for her was all good.
She came out of the shower in good shape.
The kids now have learned what pepper spray is used for.
We also talked about how to describe things that they are doing or have seen even if they don’t know what those things are called.
She sure does keep life interesting.
Oh, and you might be wondering why I couldn’t smell the pepper spray? I have had a head cold for over a month now. I am on meds but I discovered that I have no sense of smell at this time. I found this out by trying to smell a lovely pumpkin candle Libby gave us. Everyone says it smell wonderful…I get absolutely nothing. I’m sad.
School Harvest Carnival
Jo wanted to be a cat this year. We only sort of looked for cat costumes with Oma and Jo finding ears that they liked. So we made a trip to the fabric store where we were reminded that Jo is a thoughtful shopper. (She took freaking forever to pick the exact fabric!) Only having a slight idea of what to do with this fabric I promised Jo a cat outfit. I worked hard and both kids were surprised that we had a sewing machine and even more shocked that I could use it. Jo helped with some of the design along with thoughts from Gma Marie, Gpa David and Oma.
This is Princess Jo the Cat.
“Thank you Mom, I love it!”
(this came with a huge hug that made me all warm and fuzzy inside)
(this came with a huge hug that made me all warm and fuzzy inside)
Cole is pumpkin bowling at the carnival.
He pulled out his old martial arts uniform for the carnival. Costumes are back in and he’s loving it! Today he has already had two other costumes on, a Jedi, Batman and then back to regular play cloths. (anyone want to do his laundry?) What will he be for Halloween? He changes his mind often, guess he will surprise us an hour or so before we walk out of the house.

No comments:
Post a Comment