Here is a writing Cole did at school that I wanted to share.
“What makes me laugh?
My sister she makes a funny voice.”
“What makes me laugh?My sister she makes a funny voice.”
I had writing that Jo did for Oma, I was going to scan it as well but I procrastinated and now it’s hung up at Oma’s work.
Where it should be.
The kids had their first awards assembly on Friday, to which all parents were invited. The kids did not know who was receiving awards or for that matter what an “assembly” even was.
Jo received: a Pencil for Perfect Attendance and a Teacher Recognition Certificate which reads: “Jo is always on task! She is a great model for room 1 students.”
Here Jo is receiving her certificate from the principle.Cole received: a Pencil for Perfect Attendance and a Citizenship Award which only one student from each class receives. His reads: “Cole is an excellent example of a good citizen! He is kind and respectful. He always follows directions too!” A medal also came with this award.
Cole receiving his medal and certificate from the principle.Jo’s teacher came up to us after school and informed us that he was flip flopping on who to give his Citizenship award to and decided that another child needed a little boost. And unless Jo just falls apart this next month his plan is to honor her with the same award. He said she is just a wonderful student. (hey, I can keep going on here Groupies…or are you telling me enough already?)
The Stuff
We just have not taken many photos or been doing much to speak of. We have gotten into the swing of work and school again, watching football and just being, I guess. So just a couple shots of us doing our Stuff.
Here Jo came up to Oma’s chair and jumped on the back to give her an over the back hug. Well the chair tipped all the way to the ground, Cole and are started to laugh as Oma said “help, I can’t get back up” but then Cole said, “WAIT, I want to take a picture”. So Oma indulged his moment as he snapped some shots.
Cole has been practicing his “Oli.” A neighbor kid showed him how to do this on the grass to the skateboard does not roll on him. He figured out quickly he could do the same thing on the carpet and had to show us how well he is doing with this trick.
I know, some of you are probably saying “Why are you letting him do this in the house?!” Hey, we DO think of safety…he’s wearing his helmet. And it seems no matter how hard we try to keep things “adult” nice in and around the house it just doesn’t work while having kids. (Mom, Dad…sure sorry about those dents in the walls and the hole in the door…and….and……..)
Cole still moves from one activity to the next. In this photo he is skateboarding but wearing football pants, he had just moved from full football gear to his skating and I could almost bet moved from skateboarding to baseball after this photo.
Fall…doesn’t it feel wet and wonderful? Oma says “NO!” She wants 90-100 and to be able to ride her bike in the hot sun!!

No comments:
Post a Comment