Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sports

Baseball has started up again for Cole and Oma. Yes, Oma is coaching again this season but the difference this year is that three other parents have stepped up as well and wanted to really help. So the Blue Dragons have lots of instruction and opportunities. Some of the boys have gone from never touching a bat before to actually hitting a thrown pitch already. Fun to watch.Their first games came this past Saturday at the opening jamboree, three games that lasted about 45 minutes each. Cole got to play catcher during one of the games and this stopped the begging thank goodness (pleeeeease can I catch????….pleeeeeeeeeease?). I don’t know if it’s getting to wear all the gear or that he gets to be in the action more often but he likes and wants to catch.

He also played in right field for a game. As you may notice he is still standing inside the dirt area but that would be our outfield at this point. Not to many kids hit past this area.

Asked him what his favorite part of the day was and he said
All of it.
Baseball is what he loves.

Track
Jo has been participating in track for a couple weeks now and really enjoys it. Smiles the whole time and wants to try it all.As you may notice Jo’s tongue is out while running? Well it’s out all the time I’ve noticed. Running, long jumping, high jumping and even hurdles. To funny. I mentioned to her that if her tongue is out while jumping she might bite it at some point and it will probably hurt. It’s just concentration and a Happy Girl thing.

She gets a half hour of running activities and then a half hour of some sort of field event.This was the her first time trying hurdles and she loved them! She chose to line up with the hurdles that were laying on the ground first and once she did that she went to the tall ones (for them) and ran over and over again. Oh, the smile just warms me from the inside out. We might have a winner here, Groupies!The only challenge I have given her during practice is to stay as close to her coach as possible even if they are jogging the track so she can hear instructions better and not be quite so distracted. Our quiet and shy Jo is really NOT at the track and it’s quite humorous. As she jogs or moves from one activity to the next I see her chatting with other kids…”oh I like your hat” or “oooo, pretty hair tie”…giggle, giggle. After practice she will tell me all about her “new friend”. Slowly coming out of her shell?

No comments: