
Jill and the other coaches worked very hard for these boys, getting them to come together as an actual team. We started to hear them cheer for each other, taking some sacrifice at bats to move runners over, running on and off the field (vs strolling as they started out) and so much more. I listened to Jill talk to the boys after the last game complementing each boy and pointing out how "team" means not being selfish and she was proud of each of them. I could see their faces as she spoke and I believe all these boys left this weekend more proud of their experience than before. I know I am quite proud.
We packed up Ethel in record time and drove out of the parking lot to head for our next adventure. As we drove down the road a very large sign read "FRESH FRUIT" so we made a quick stop.

Everyone grabbed a little something including a "donut peach". Never heard of one of these but it's quite flat and round. Oh, and some fresh corn on the cob to go with our hotdog dinner. Yum!
As we drove, Jo would...we'll see for yourself.

Destination: Leavenworth
We pulled into a small RV camp site next to Leavenworth WA, quickly ate some dinner and then headed to town for about an hour of walkabout.

What a FUN town! Too much to look at, too much to eat....
We tried some gelato and a delicious fresh made pretzel.

Just too tired to keep going so we headed back to the RV for some much needed showers and bed. Will be heading back into town to see more of the sites and try more of the food. On the menu: sausage, pastries and a bratwurst at the very least.
No comments:
Post a Comment