Oma and the kids noticed that they could find many more
"butt" pumpkins this year than in past.
And the kids show us their sense of humor now with said butt
pumpkins.
Our picks for this year...
Were not these.
This farm has many activities and fun stuff to play around
and on.
We found a safe place to lock up these Butt Pumpkin Kissing
kids.
Oma and I don't seem to be growing taller...
No need to comment further.
Night Football
The last two games Cole played under the lights.
He thought that was pretty neat. So did I.
Here are our pumpkins!
Educational year of carving as we learned that Jo's pumpkin
was very heavy and thus time consuming to gut and harder for Jo to carve. Oma picked one with lots of bumps all over
the outside which turned out has an extremely hard outer skin so it was hard to
even cut open let alone carve. Cole's was so green that we had trouble opening
it up as the guts really were not formed yet but once it was open was very easy
to carve.
All lit up.
Spooky house, standard pumpkin face minus the mouth due to
hard cutting, the Oregon Duck "O" and pumpkin eating another pumpkin.
Ready for CANDY!
Two observations this year.
1. People LOVE to have children walk the neighborhood trick
or treating as I could hear over and over when doors opened, "You're our
first treaters, you look great, are there more kids out there?" I wish this tradition of door knocking would
make a large come back.
2. I still look at our children as "children" but
I noticed while out trick or treating that evening that Cole & Jo were the
oldest kids and that our children are not "little" any longer. Just made me think is all.
And the take this year?
Lot's of good stuff Oma and I love!
The kids actually ate so much candy that night and the
following day that they both were a little sick the next evening. Live and learn our children and a memorable
moment...maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment