Sunday, July 01, 2012

Magic Kingdom day

Day 2 brought us more Debby, however she became a tropical storm instead of a hurricane darn the luck.
We entered Magic Kingdom on this over cast day happy and joyful.
Getting along on day two as we had more days of togetherness in store.

One of the best plaques ever, I might print this and hang at work.
Welcome to my mind's world!

See, happy normal family.
Just chillin' at the MK castle.

Alien Attack!
The challenge?  Shoot the aliens with your laser beam, high score wins.
Serious competitors and not to brag, ok, I will.  Yes, it was me, the winner!
Twice in fact as Andrew couldn't believe I beat them all so I had to do it twice.

Came out of the ride to an arcade thank goodness as it was a waterfall of rain from Debby.  She too will pass so we hung out for a few games and stayed out of our rain gear a little longer.
This four way air hockey was fun, started with one puck and they ended with four flying around the table at the same time.

Lightsaber Build
Yes, you're never to old to build your own Star Wars lightsaber.
Mandy is holding the one Andrew built for Cole, Riley built a double and Andrew, I can't remember what he said about his.

And I just thought this was cute...
Never too old to walk around with a lightsaber sticking out your backpack.
(don't let Riley know I said he was cute with his lightsaber)

Through the Tree House
There are just some things you must always do while in Disney.

Pirates of the Caribbean was fun.
I enjoyed how different the tunnels into each of the rides were.

Have you noticed that we were not wearing our rain gear yet?
It didn't last. However keeping dry was GREAT up to this point!
Thrilled to, yet again, dig out or gear.
Oh, and a HUGE THANKS to Mandy for getting us those as it made it pleasant to be hanging with Debby so much.
Didn't damper our spirits though as we rode the train.

SPLASH!
Thought of Jo while on this ride as it is her favorite.
Oh Trish, we were suppose to look Cool and Calm again.  Well maybe next time. Love this picture!

Who is our secret service to the Presidents?
This was neat as an adult, very educational and emotional for me.
I saw the Presidents when I was a kid and remember that it was a real yawner and thought it took way too long to get back out to the rides and the real fun.

Can you guess where the three of us went?
Hint: The boys didn't want to ride this one.
Does this picture help?
Small World.
Again, a ride that is really a must while visiting the Bid D.

And what did the boys do while we were enjoying "It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all ... " (your welcome to putting this song in your head)
They ate Turkey Legs.

Last but not least...
The final  show of the evening.

And that brings us to the end of day 2..
"What character did we park in today?  What number?  Are you sure?"

We did remember each time where the car was.  I laughed as each evening we heard car alarms going off as other guest just used their panic buttons to locate their vehicles.
Yup, all smiling and full of energy still.  We have more days ahead people!  COME ON!
(I bought a new hat this day too.  I love my hat.)

1 comment:

Marie & Norman said...

Thank goodness you did "Small World". It is a 'MUST DO'!!