Sunday, April 22, 2012

March & April

Snow in March?  Really?!
I woke early and saw the snow and knew the kids and Oma would have a snow day from school.  I tried to go back to sleep but just couldn't do it I was so excited seeing how much we had on the ground!
So I got up...
(our back yard around 0530)
...and went for a walk keeping to the middle of the streets as I could hear trees cracking and watched branches crashing to the ground.
Our street in the wee morning hours!
I LOVE THIS!
I was finally able to wake the family and in no time we had all the kids in the neighborhood helping create our Snowman named Bob.
Oh, I had to call into work stating "I am not going to make it today as I have to build a snowman."  Yes, I really called in stating this.  I was only asked to take a photo and bring it in.

And after building our early morning Bob what did I do?
Nap!  Dang, I was up early, and building a snowman is hard work!
(yes, my face is under the blanket to keep the light out of my eyes)

I also made footprints in our neighbor's clean undisrupted snow covered yard to take this photo.
Spring flowers had already bloomed when our snow came.  Just beautiful!

New Food
Jo went grocery shopping with me and asked how a cactus leaf tasted.

No clue?

So we bought one and after some surfing the net and watching some videos on how to prepare this food we gave it a try.  Interesting, not bad and different were our comments.






I GET AN AWARD, MOM!
Jo came home with a note stating she was going to receive an award during lunch, voted on by students in her classroom.  Jo won the "Kindness" award.
What we didn't know was that Cole also won a Kindness award in his class.
Certificates, necklaces and smiles for both!
CONGRATS YOU TWO!

I did hear Cole explaining to a friend of ours that the Principal doesn't really sign each of the certificates.  That the Principal signs only one certificate and then they make many copies of the certificate adding each kids name to the "copied" ones.  Cole thinks this is kind of a "rip off" really.  Cole: "I mean, it's suppose to be special and she doesn't even really sing my certificate".  Funny the things Cole notices and thinks are unfair.

Jo, oh Jo
Here she is playing two pieces of music for you.
(If you don't see the 1.30 second video added to the email post please click on our actual link and go to our website to watch)

Doug & Leroy
Doug has a new friend next door named Leroy.
We have been letting them meet slowly as Doug can be kind of bossy around other dogs.
But they are getting along great and both finish their play tired and wet from tumbling in the grass and I'm sure slobber from each other.

Jo & Cole: "Mom, can I have a knife for my birthday?"
(See the thumb?)
Me: "Um, don't think I need to think about the answer any longer."
The nice thing about this accident is that Jo actually wanted Cole's help trying to stop the bleeding, accepting some loves from him and needed him around as I was about two blocks away from the house at the time.  We also learned that we need to teach them how to do basic first aid.  Things like pressure on the wound and proper cleaning.

Meet Lucy! (The famous red head: Lucille Ball)
YEAH!  We have bough our tow vehicle so we are another step closer to a small camp trailer.

Yard work vision.
The kids helped me move five plants with five more to go to help clear out an area so we may set up a garden.
Saving all the plants as we can fill in other parts of our yard.  Well I should say, we hope the plants like their new home and decide to continue living.  I was very pleased as the kids worked over three hours just digging / hauling and cleaning without complaining.  Oh, I had the blow up before we started so maybe that helped. Me: "It's going to be hard work, it is hard work and that is why I need your help without complaining. PLEASE"  It was sort of that kind of blow up.

Jo wasn't done yet as she still wanted to plant flowers in our front box!

We sure look forward to seeing this grow as well.  Should be beautiful.

Busy times and looking forward to more as baseball has started, Jo's piano recital around the corner. 
(will she actually play this year)
Happy SPRING to all you BS Groupies!

No comments: