Sunday, July 24, 2011

Spencer Butte Columns!


Ever since Jo first tried the indoor rock climbing she has wanted to climb a real mountain.  Summer camp provided not only Jo this opportunity but Cousin Derian also as she joined camp for the week. These rock columns are located in downtown Eugene.
On day four of indoor rock climbing the girls got to climb the columns at Spencer Butte.
Derian getting secured for her first climb.
And off she goes!
This was so fun to watch!
About the middle is where it got tricky.
WOW, this is so GREAT!!
Derian came down all smiles.
I think she had a very good week at camp.
The group on hand to watch them climb.
We were the only spectators other than the other climbers and their teachers.
Jo getting ready for her first climb.
Her dream becomes reality!
That tricky middle part had her stuck for quite a few minutes.
She kept at it and pushed on as the top of the rock was her goal.
SHE MADE IT!



In her words:
"I got stuck in the middle but then I told myself, 'you can do it Jo, you can do it Jo,' and I DID!"






This was so much fun to watch!  I really get how parents get so much joy and life through their children.  This was a blast!

1 comment:

Marie & Norman said...

G'ma n G'pa loved watching this also. We were nearly as excited as Derian and Jo!