Monday, September 13, 2010

Astoria Day 1

I couldn't decide on just a few photos. So you get what you see and see even more.

Last three day weekend before school so we decided to make a trip to Astoria with just "us".
Oma had us wait until the Duck game was over before heading out, so where should we stay?
An hotel with a pool of course!

Ok, this photo is cute I think and one that the kids will not allow me to post in the future so getting them in while I still can.
I took the photo to prove to Jo that she does like to cuddle with Cole and show him love. It might happen when she sleeps but it does happen.

Our room with a view and white noise. (white, blue, black and red cars, motorcycles and semi truck noise that is)
Yes, this is the highway along with the bridge over head to enter/exit into Washington. On morning number two I woke seeing the morning light peaking below our curtain and I thought, "WOW, the road noise didn't keep me awake last night, GREAT!". Then I looked at the clock and it said 4am. The light was the AAA sign shining through. I had to laugh knowing this just added to my weekend memories.

Geocaching and critters / slugs
Jo had to put her foot next to this NW slug. They both were AMAZED at how long it was.

Cole must have said something here that Jo replied to as...
"Oh No You Didn't Cole"

Fort Stevens
Spent the first morning at the fort walking around and talking to people.
We walked into the Union camp and Cole was asked to sign up right away though he had to be able to hold the gun and fire it.
Not quite yet, so Cole as told to come back when he was 12 and they will sign him up then.

The battle.
My thoughts and feelings run deep people.
I actually cried a bit watching the battle. (I really did)

We had a good time walking around the grounds and checking out all the rooms, tunnels and cannons.
We are going to have to make another trip back however. This could have been a whole day alone and we didn't have a full day to spend.

Shanghaied in Astoria!
We had a vaudeville style play to attend in the afternoon where we got to throw popcorn and participate in other ways too.
A little campy but a ton of fun! We recommend this to anyone traveling there. And some day they will have indoor plumbing for some toilets.

Oma & Jo
Yet another Cache


The weather was wonderful
as we could see for miles and
miles from the top of the tower.

(Yes, we did toss the
planes from the top)


Cole did the stairs twice just so he could tell every one that he did them twice.
Trust me, ask him how he liked the tower and tossing the plane. He will tell you he did the stairs twice and no one else did.






Did I tell you we Geocached?
I think this was the hook that got Oma to want to do this trip. Lots of caches in this area.

Me and My Chocolate!
Yes, we spent more than we needed to because they said "Dog Balls".
Cole immediately asked for "two please" with a smirk on his face.

No comments: