Saturday, March 20, 2010

Jumping, Tumbling Jo & Mom’s Birthday

Jo is taking a Tumbling and Trampoline class and is having a blast! She has the least experience in her group, which she’s stated a few times that she does not understand some of the instructions but does watch the other kids and picks it up quickly. She is getting stronger every week and is jumping higher too.

Watching her learn a front flip on the trampoline was great. I could tell she was nervous about doing it but after five or six tries she finally got it and when she did the smile was huge!
Oma and Jo came home the other day very excited, she was finally able to do her back hand springs over the roll mat. (bottom left photo) She got the nerve to trust the mat and strength to roll over the matt all on her own.

Her handstands are getting much stronger and she is able to do her wall hand stand on her own.

I love seeing her face after class.
This would be her after class, self portrait.

Mom is 44 and it’s all about Jo?

Oma asked the kids what they might want to do for my birthday and Jo said make a cherry pie and eat at Red Robin. Oma asked Jo if that is some thing Mom would like to do or Jo would like to do? I believe Jo said that Mom would like it. (As it should be.)



Home made cherry pie!
LOVED IT!



Dinner at Red Robin with friends!
Julie, Annie, Oma, Sheila, Lori, Mom, Jo and Jen.
(photo credit, Cole)

I will say that walking to the front door of RR for dinner I did not lift my foot high enough to step onto the curb. I was holding Jo’s hand as I started to fall, every thing went into slow motion as I tried to catch myself. I saw Jo’s face of horror wondering why I was pulling/pushing on her. I realized that I should let her go so she does not get hurt and continued to fall to the ground landing on my shoulder, arm and leg. I guess 44 is the year I start looking forward to my new hip!
Were is my IV? Those purple sporty wheel chairs look nice.
Thanks to everyone on my (Jo’s) birthday day!

No comments: