Cole received the “People Respecting Others” certificate.
Both kids have had perfect attendance through December so here they are receiving another perfect attendance tag for their necklaces.
Both Oma and I made it to this ceremony knowing it would be the last at this elementary.The man!
“For showing courtesy, kindness, consideration and respect for his/her fellow students and teachers. Thank you for your outstanding behavior on the playground!”And yes he is dressed in full football gear, Colts to be exact. Oma brought home real football pants and pads so now when a football game comes on tv he will show up in his full uniform to watch and have us throw him a ball once in a while.
S.W.A.T.
A friend called on a Tuesday evening and asked if I wanted to be a hostage on a bus the next morning. How could I say no to this? I asked if I cold bring my mother along and was told sure. A quick call and she too jumped on the bus as well.
It was about a four hour SWAT exercise, we were the live hostages.
Knowing we would have some down time sitting on a bus we all came armed with what we thought best. Mom brought a book to read, we both made sure we had little to nothing to drink that morning and then I filled my pocket with jerky for snacking. Guess my mind works more like my Father’s, you never know when you’ll have your next meal.It was a very interesting, and educational experience and I would volunteer to do it again in a heartbeat. Though holding your hands above your head for an extended period of time becomes quite exhausting so I don’t think a real captor would like me very much.
Xmas Stockings!
We are still living with the Lampitts and like a broken record (do we still say that or should it change to a scratched cd?) all our “stuff” is in storage including Christmas. So a quick drive to the dollar store with the family gave us an opportunity to create. We told the kids while at the store “pick out any stocking you’d like”.
Jo’s eyes got very large as she saw this giant stocking and asked. “Could I have this one?” I repeated what I had said and the smile was immediate as she quickly grabbed and hugged this sock.Marking pens and glitter glue, we were in business.
Oh Oma…Oma wanted to create a holy leaf and berries on her stocking. I was not quite sure what it was, Jo figured it out quickly and then we all laughed even harder as Jo pointed to her own stocking and said “Look Oma, this is holly”. And there on her stocking was perfectly drawn holy with berries.
We love Oma’s though!
HOUSE…WE HAVE A HOME!

No comments:
Post a Comment