Monday, August 20, 2007

Playing in the Water

We made another trip to the reservoir for an afternoon of water fun. On the way down Jo said she wanted to try knee boarding this time along with the tube again. Cole followed up by saying he wanted to kneeboard as well. Oma and I both hoped that he would actually want to be in the boat this time but smiled at the thought that they both would get onto the board.As you can see, they did! Cole wanted to go first, and I’m sort of thinking he didn’t want his sister to be the “first” this time even though he was WAY out of his comfort zone. (This is how it worked for both of them) After a short lesson on the rope/handle/board and what the pulling of the boat would be like they both just jumped in with Oma (one at a time, of course). Oma held them steady and they each said “Hit It”, off they went leaving Oma to swim to shore for later pick up. They both had a blast and didn’t want to quit. Cole asked to do it again after Jo was done, another lesson on taking turns…big people like to play too, so your going to have to wait your turn…again.Oma went next and did well. She would really like to set up the board goofy footed (right foot forward) thinking that she will have better control. She is probably correct seeing how she rides the skateboard at home that way. She has gotten more comfortable out there each and every time.Connie would probably be sad if I didn’t include her photo too seeing how I managed to get a shot of her catching some air. No, it’s not air like you see people do on tv but it is air nonetheless. Thinking blowing this up poster size and framing it for her.Grandma Marie and Derian came out to the lake too, and of course Grandma had to slip her ski on and cut up the water. I think she feels like I do, skiing is something we have done for so long that it just feels good to be out there. Like a second home type feeling.
Go, Grandma, Go!
Derian and Jo took a turn on the tube and had some fun. They both know the hand signals for slowing down the boat or speeding up and we got a lot of thumbs down signals from them. Grandma and Moma didn’t pull them very fast nor gave them any large bumps but I think they just liked thinking they hand “control”.

Are you wondering where a photo of Moma is? Well I did ski but there were some issues with the camera so no documentation that I actually skied. So just close your eyes and picture a woman on a slalom ski, cutting hard with a rooster tail 15 feet high as she leans over putting her elbow in the water,pulling hard on the boat. That, my friends and family, is how I don’t ski. But it’s a nice picture isn’t it? I’m not bad and do have a rooster tail, maybe next time we might get a photo.

No comments: