
The kids and I took a walk to City Hall and got a photo with the famous Simpson family! Homer and his family were sitting on their couch just waiting for us to show up to take a photo or two. Neat display. Might be kind of fun to actually get the movie premier in town.

I took the kids on an over night trip to pick up some computer work and along the way we stopped at one of my old playgrounds. The kids thought is was neat that they could climb all over a train and would ask every now and then…”Did you get to climb up here too?” Growing up I thought all towns had a train for the kids to play on. My brother and I would play tag quite often and the only rule was you could not step on the ground or you would be “it”. Looking back now it’s a wonder we didn’t break a bone or more the way we would run along the top jumping and sliding. Oh, the good old days.

We have been taking more bike rides with the kids, getting out more often like this feels good and the kids just talk and laugh the whole way. Oma took a ride with just Jo, getting a little one on one time with the girl. She fell asleep on the couch in the garage after the ride…tired little one.

Oma bought this year’s slip-n-slide and the kids have been having a good time in the sun. Watching them slide and laugh makes me want to join them. But it’s sure not going to happen…I think Oma and I both tried last year or the year before that? Not a fun landing…whether you slide or not…ouch…ugh…bruise…
No comments:
Post a Comment