Cole and Andrew played light sabers for quite some time. I think Cole had the advantage because the rule is you can only tag the other person on their legs
Mandy and Jo had some fun with the hair along with nails being painted at one point and some awesome dress up cloths that were given to Jo for her birthday.
We all loaded up in the van and headed to Wild Life Safari for a day (poor Oma had to work). We dropped the middle two seats down in the van so all the kids could move around freely in the back and look at all the animals. Most of the animals were out where we could see them on our first drive through which was just a lot of fun. I think it being a little cooler in the morning helped this.
After our drive through we got out to stretch our legs and see the birds, snakes and other animals, alive and stuffed (stuffed as in the gift shop). We watched the monkeys play a little bit, took the train ride to see a few more animals and then jumped back into the van for another drive through the wild.
Andrew threw a little javelin last year in track and asked Jill if she could show him a few things to make him a better thrower. I think they both had a good time doing this together. I filmed the lessons as Jill broke it all down for him and then they worked together for a while getting a few throws in the yard. Jill burned all the lessons onto a disk for Andrew to take home. I look forward to hearing how he does this track season.
Jo is in soccer right now, one day a week for an hour. Her first practice was not the best, not only did over a hundred kids show up but we didn’t get enough grub into the girl and she ran out of energy. Any one who knows Jo very well knows when her batteries are low she shuts down. This week we planned better for the food intake along with Oma bribing her to participate by taking her to McD’s if she finished the whole practice. Jo came home all smiles and was happy to be playing soccer. I think we have a winner!
The kids had their first ever school photo taken this year. I sure look forward to seeing them all, the good the bad and just the standard school photo look. Love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment