The kids went on their first field trip with their school this week to the pumpkin patch. Mom filled out a chaperone form and got to meet up with the kids for my first chaperoning gig. Whooohooo…I’m a school Mom. I remember my own Mother showing up at school one year wearing a witch’s outfit and bringing snacks to my homeroom. Well I didn’t go that far for my first time but I sure can see doing something like that in the future. Though, I don’t think it’s politically correct to wear a witch’s costume to school any more. Sad really.Any the way, the kids had a good time playing in the hay maze, at one point the whole class climbed on the walls, running and jumping from one wall to the next. It was only two bales high so I don’t think any of us were worried. Then onto the tractor-pulled hay ride to the field.
(by they way, this is Jo’s “Bestest Friend Ever” Yvonne)
The ride was not a slow moving one at all, and heard it was ‘mellow’ because of the age of the kids’! Wow, don’t know if I could hold on if the little ones were not on board. He bumped us along going along the sides of hills, around trees that almost hit our heads and through the corn fields making a new path as he went. Cole thought it was neat that the driver would throw a rock every now and then at metal targets set up along the drive, it would make quite the noise when the farmer hit them. Then he would drive straight for the scarecrows only to turn out of the way at the last second. I truly believe that this farmer enjoys this time of year and looks forward to it all year long!
Cole and Jo wanted to get the “most biggest” pumpkin in the patch and of course Mom said to go for it. But that whichever squash they chose they had to carry it to the wagon and also to the bus. Cole ran right out and grabbed one that was very large. I was impressed that he actually was able to pick it up but when he could not take a step with it he decided that another would be better.Jo had a good time in the dirt/mud and every now and then she would come across an already smashed pumpkin and would enjoy helping the composting process by smashing it just a little bit more.
Smiles all around, even me…I got to enjoy their first field trip. Ok, I am a little mushy but I don’t care!
1 comment:
They are so darned cute! And good for you . . . I hope you always stay mushy as a Mom should be. They balance out those days when you don't feel like being mushy. ;o)
Post a Comment