I took the kids to the newly built bakery in Glenwood and we just had a good time.
Took about an hour or more to get into the door and walk the tour but the kids loved watching all the bread and how it moved throughout the building. The smell was very strong and made us all hungry but Franz took care of that for us too at the end. We sat down to a hotdog meal with chips / sodas and a cookie to top it all off. Franz sure treated us well and hey…we even got cool hats!Jill and I took a short camping trip down in the Ashland area a few weeks ago, mostly to watch the KD Lang concert in Jacksonville. It was my first time seeing the outdoor stage there and it sure is beautiful. We took the camera but really didn’t take any photos so just use your imagination…Jill and I with quite a few friends all sitting on the lawn…warm air all round us…food all around us…(lots of folks that we didn’t know just passed us their food too)…the torch n twang music
filling the night air as the stars twinkled in the night sky…Hmmmm….Good times.
While camping we got a phone call from my Mother that my Grandfather passed away. This would be my Mother’s Father…Gpa Lovely, or Bud, to those who knew him. I have had a few trips along with my brother to Granpa's home since then, helping out where we could and just being with family and Mom. Grandpa’s ashes were laid to rest with my Grandmother on Mt. Hood over Labor Day. This is where my family has always camped and hunted and I know my Grandfather is happy now, back with his wife who he missed dearly and becoming part of the mountain that he so loves.Teener Beener will miss him…
No comments:
Post a Comment