I decided to give the sewing a shot! Drew a pattern on paper and away I went! I will tell you first and I’m not embarrassed to say that instead of needles on the first (saber pouch) I used hot glue to hold the edges down. Two reasons…One, I have tried this sewing thing before and the needles gave my hands just too much to do AND trying to sew. Two, I thought it might give the already stiff material a little more stiffness to keep the pocket open a bit. Should I be embarrassed? I’m not!
I will not go into great detail but I can list out the fun I had, the lower bobbin shot out from under the machine at first…oops, didn’t get that locked in correctly. I had four threads pull out from the needle area many times…to many to count really. Broke the needle, only once this time. The thread wrapped around the machine places it should not have many times as well which just doesn’t make for a smooth sewing experience. With all that said I finished the first pouch and was proud that it looked like I had drawn it. Crooked stitches and all.
I placed it on the belt, strapped it on Cole’s waist and slid his light saber into the pouch and he cried! “That’s not right, I don’t like it…it’s not what Luke wears” he pulled it off and to his room he went crying and mad. I didn’t cry but I was heart broken a bit. Thought about all those times when my Mom made something for me and I didn’t show her much support for her work! Sorry Mom! And I THANK YOU know!
I decided to just make the next pouch and see if that made a difference, the pouch would be for binoculars. Luke uses them you know! No glue this time and still no needles, Cole came in and said “No” again. But when I finished the second pouch I put them both on the belt again and then put the binoculars in the pouch and the saber back in. Smile crept on his face and Mom finally had the Force with Her! Happy Son!Today he is asking for a better “blaster” holder because the simple one I made just doesn’t work. And yes, for those who recognize the blaster, it is a marshmallow blowgun.
1 comment:
WooHoo! Way to go, Sister!!!! Just a side note to make you feel a little better...even the experienced sewing machine sewers experience all you did and more!!! Welcome to the seamstress club!
Post a Comment